To be sent with a message.
The gift of Apostleship is the divine ability to start and oversee the development of new churches or ministry structures.
NOTE: While the "office" of apostle that the original disciples of Christ held is unique and no longer exists, the "role" of apostle continues today and functions through the Spiritual gift of Apostleship.
- Pioneer and establish new ministries or churches.
- Adapt to different surroundings by being culturally sensitive and aware.
- Desire to minister to unreached people in other communities or countries.
- Have responsibilities to oversee ministries or groups of churches.
- Demonstrate authority and vision for the mission of the church.
- Culturally sensitive
- Should be aware that misusing their authority can quench the Spirit in others.
- Need to be affirmed and sent by the church.
- Can be demanding and pessimistic.
1 Corinthians 12:28-29, Ephesians 4:11-12, Romans 1:5, Acts 13:2-3